After decades of being told we need to cut fat out, scientists are realizing they were wrong... studies neglected to take into account important factors like sources of fat, sugar consumption and exercise levels.
Eating fat leaves you feeling full and eating less
Eating fat increases "adipokine" levels - a fat-burning hormone that works to enhance your metabolism and increase the rate in which fats are broken down
For women, not eating enough fat is a common cause of infertility, while eating the wrong fats increases complications from PMS and menopause.
For men, lack of good fats reduces testosterone and other androgen hormones that are critical for reproductive health.
Your body and your brain thrive off of fat - but from sources like grass-fed meat, butter, whole eggs and coconut fat, NOT margarine, vegetable oil, french fries or pizza. Highly processed fats and oils are toxic to your body, creating inflammation, weight gain and all sorts of other problems.
All things roasted, toasted, sweet, crunchy and super-food that’s good for you! Want more delicious fat or a more travel worthy treat? Add some almond butter, slap on a baking sheet and throw in the freezer for a frozen healthy granola bar.
FISH OIL/KRILL OIL (OMEGA 3 FATS)
- Omega-3 fats help turn on genes that are involved with the burning of fat, while turning off the genes that store fat.
- Omega-3 fats also support thyroid hormone function, which is a hormone closely involved in body fat regulation.
COCONUT OIL (LAURIC ACID AND MCT)
- The fat from coconut oil is a Medium-Chain Triglyceride (MCT ). MCT's are easier to digest and covert into energy than other fat. Which means if it gets used as energy, it doesn't get stored as fat.
- Omega-9 fats increase HDL (“good”) cholesterol and decrease LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and help eliminate plaque buildup in the arteries
- Avocado's are one of the few completely unprocessed whole food good fats that you can get!
Want ab exercises that will tighten your core (arms, butt and thighs too) AND torch calories? Check out these 24 Ab Burning Exercises.
Form is everything, so be sure to make your crunches count. Keep your chin up towards the ceiling, pull your belly button in towards your spine while you press your lower back down to the floor, and don't forget to breath! Exhale on the way up, and inhale on the way down.
What some fat burning food that tastes great and you can take on the go? Try the MAINE BAH!
A melt in your mouth nutrition bar that includes a blend of fat burning fats including organic coconut, coconut-derived MCT oil, and organic cashew butter.