"TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY, IT'S THE ONLY PLACE YOU HAVE TO LIVE" :)
Toxins get lodged in your cells, tissues and muscles,, accumulating year after year... until your body is completely overwhelmed. After years of toxic overload, your major organs may simply give up the struggle and become "diseased" - compromising your physical and mental health.
Did you know that your body actually stores toxins in your fat? It does this to help minimize how much toxicity your vital organs are exposed to, and cellulite happens to be one of those fat pockets where toxins get stored. Lovely! Well lucky for us, one of the skin’s primary functions is the elimination of toxins; and one of the most efficient, quickest, and easiest ways to help your skin get rid of toxins AND cellulite from your body is through dry brushing.
The best times to dry brush are in the morning and in the evening. If you can only do it once a day, best time is to do it at night; this will kick-start the lymph system and help your body detox while you're sleeping. But there is a certain way to stroke that brush so read more to learn how to do it right. Where do you get such a brush? Any beauty store or pharmacy should have them. You will be looking for something like this: 100% Natural Boar Bristle Body Brush
Salads - hot or cold. A current favorite is the Grilled Romaine Salad or for lack of actual grill, the "slightly sautéed romaine salad". Believe it or not romaine lettuce is considered to be one of the healthiest lettuce options there is. Not in the mood for a warm salad? Try the Summer Detox Salad, almost every ingredient in this salad contributes to detoxification.
Smoothies - with juices and smoothies you are able to pack in an enormous amount of greens and other valuable nutrients into a single glass. 1 serving of The Glowing Green Smoothie, by Kimberly Snyder contains 3 cups of vegetables and doesn't even taste like grass! If you would like to add in protein to your smoothie try to stick to vegetable based protein for the detox phase, as they are easier to digest. Thorne Research - MediClear-SGS is high quality protein AND formulated specifically for detoxification. The chocolate flavor is a real treat!
- Probiotics: have been shown to improve gastrointestinal health, prevent allergies and liver disease, and decrease inflammation. Supplementing with high-quality probiotics will help ensure that your digestive tract remains free of toxins. Gutsey recommended brand: Klaire Labs Ther-Biotic Complete
- Glutathione: detoxifies the body by removing cell waste and protects cells from mold toxins, alcohol damage and heavy metals. So next time you go out for sushi and wine... take some Glutathione! Gutsey recommended brand: Jarrow Formulas Reduced Glutathione
- Milk Thistle: one of the most powerful detoxifying herbs there is. It supports liver function, is anti-aging and anti-cancer. Even better - milk thistle extract has been shown to increase glutathione levels in the liver by up to 35% . Gutsey recommended brand: Jarrow Formulas Milk Thistle
- Wild Burdock Root. A powerful blood-cleansing agent, wild burdock root is relatively easy to obtain, and simple to take. An aggressive diuretic, wild burdock root is strong enough to rid the body of even hard-to-reach toxins, including GMOs residues and associated pesticide and herbicide chemicals. Burdock root also helps cleanse parasites, heavy metals, bacteria, and other toxins from the blood, and is often used to treat chronic bacterial and viral infections such as Lyme disease.
- Green Tea and/or Matcha Tea. Both have more anti-oxidants than any other tea - great for fighting cancer, heart disease, diabetes, dementia and also lowers cholesterol levels. But the best part is, green tea and matcha tea speed up your metabolism! Yes please.
- Turmeric. A powerful anti-inflammatory, Turmeric works by stimulating the gallbladder to produce more bile, which the liver uses to eliminate toxins. Add this powder to soups, sauces and even your morning smoothie!
FOODS TO EAT, AND FOODS TO EXCLUDE - A PRINTABLE LIST
Serious about ridding your body of toxins to jump start fat loss? Check out this detox manual by Dr. Alexandro Junger, a full pamphlet giving you all the details that you need to know.
Generally low-intensity aerobic exercises are good for detox such as running, walking, bicycling and swimming. As your body starts releasing the built-up toxins into your bloodstream, you might feel sick and tired, additionally your body needs to focus on the detox process rather than all its energy going into a heavy workout and recuperation. Therefore, sweating the toxins out through hot yoga, massage or sauna are best during this time. Try these yoga poses for detox.